Alhamdulillah today we held a Ramadan gathering of 40 blind people at our office . Ustadz Abbas read from a Braille Quran and his brother Ustadz Sharif read doa. We also gave them gifts for the Eid. The blind community in Kuala Lumpur is tightly knit and they all know each other.
Every summer for the last 6 years we have worked with Dar alQuran in Gaza to run the Light Camp for memorisation of the Quran, and insha Allah this year will be the 7th year. Here are photos from the last 6 years camps.
Life is very hard now in Gaza and the blind students are looking forward to attending this year's summer camp.
Please donate any amount you can to:
Al Fitrah Foundation
Malayan Banking Berhad
Account no 5-64324-604245
For credit card donations , you can go to Alfitrah.net for the link.
Muhammad Furqan and his wife Nusrat who are both visually impaired had arrived from Pakistan last year and wanted a Braille Quran to read especially during Ramadan. His friend Waqar who we support at his Braille Resource Foundation told him about us. Furqan is technically adept and is willing to offer his services to any organisation that wishes to produce books in Braille or audio.
As a follow up we sent another braille Quran and 12 braille books of Juz 30 to the Kishipur madrassa in Khulna, Bangladesh with the help of lecturer Kamal Uddin who told us about them . May Allah ease their plight.
Nasiqullah from the Kabul School for the Blind has received a Braille Quran from Alfitrah foundation
The people of Afghanistan have suffered for so long under the war and the Blind usually suffer more than others in a warzone. Alhamdulillah brother Nasiqullah from the Kabul School for the Blind has received a Braille Quran from Alfitrah foundation. Inshaa Allah if we can organise shipping arrangements we will be able to assist the school further with more Qurans and Braille equipment.
More Articles ...
- 100 Braille Qurans for Gaza from AlFitrah Foundation sponsored mainly by Singaporean Muslims
- 108 students sharing one Braille Quran at the Kashipur Blind Hifz madrassa and orphanage in Khulna, Bangladesh
- Grandmother in Kazakhstan is reading Surah AlFatihah for the first time in braille
- A visit by the Director and staff of the Kedah Public Library Perbadanan Perpustakaan Awam Kedah
- Alfitrah Foundation went to Masjid Amr ibn Al Aas to hand over our monthly contribution to the food bank