Blind Sheikh Fathi Dughmush leading terawih at Masjid Al-Mujamma Al-Islami in Gaza . Fathi was a student at our Light Camp which we have organised for the last 7 summers since 2012 . This provided an opportunity for the blind to memorize the Holy Quran. We have also sent them 100 Braille Qurans so every student has his own .
SK Klang is an integrated school for sighted and visually impaired students . We visited today with some Braille books including a Braille Quran, collection of surahs as well as other books. The students are good in Braille and the ustaz is starting to teach them muqaddam.
Hanafi lost his vision and his mother within months of each other. He had to move to a new school for the visually impaired and learn Braille in order to sit for his exams .
At Setapak High school for the blind, he met Danial another student who helped him with Braille and studied with him til 3 am . Alhamdulillah in the recent SPM exams they emerged top students with 7A's each.
More Articles ...
- Blind students in Gaza receive our Braille Qurans which arrived last week from Malaysia
- Architect goes blind, says he's actually gotten better at his job
- Welcome Abdirahman Farah from Somalia to our office
- Our Braille Qurans have arrived in Gaza
- 7-Year-Old Boy from England Memorises the Entire Qur’an