We have been sending Braille Qurans to the Rahman foundation for distribution all over India. Our latest shipment of 10 Braille Qurans arrived in Delhi last week . Md Azam a first year BA student at Delhi University received one copy yesterday Alhamdulillah.
MAKKAH: "We could not see the Kaabah or the interior of the Grand Mosque but something just felt different when we stepped inside," said Esah Long, tears rimming her eyes.
The 72-year-old, who lost her sight following an illness when she was seven, recalled the first time she entered the Grand Mosque here with her husband, Abd Aziz Yusof, 73, who is also blind.
Alhamdulillah we welcomed a delegation of 5 NGOs from Bangladesh on Friday. The delegates had spent 3 days in Melaka being trained on the use and repair of Braille embossers by Anna Lau from Index Braille Technology Sys M Sdn Bhd. All these NGOs produce braille books for the blind in Bangladesh.
Also accompanying them was Shaima a visually impaired Yemeni refugee who is helping us with brailling work as a means of supporting her family.
We welcomed two visitors yesterday from Sydney, Australia. Ustaz Naseer and his wife Raowa were interested to learn about our work and to find out how to learn Quraanic braille.
Haji Islah Busakorn who visited our office last month with his wife has started the first Madrassa for the blind in Thailand. He has requested for the following items:
Braille Quran and various islamic books in Braille
If you’d like to contribute you can make a donation through our website www.alfitrah.net
More Articles ...
- Askar Sakhirov teaching the Quran to the blind in Kazakhstan
- A lecturer from a university in Bangladesh told us about the Kashipur madrassa for the blind in Khulna
- Islah Busakorn and his wife Widad stopped over in Kuala Lumpur visited our office
- Ramadan gathering of 40 blind people at our office
- We have worked with Dar alQuran in Gaza to run the Light Camp for memorisation of the Quran