When Alfitrah foundation visited Setapak High school for the blind , we were told that they had a team that played blind cricket.
This explanation of the game comes from our colleague Maulana Waqar younus in Karachi who is a teacher of Braille Quran.
IN a far-flung village of Haripur district, an elderly man wakes up each morning to deliver letters. Draped in a warm sweater or shawl, he sets out with a four-foot willow stick to find his way to even the last house in the village over the 12-kilometre-long track through the hills.
This is Muhammad Anwar, the village postman everyone fondly calls Hafiz sahib. He is blind, yet his handicap has not kept him from delivering letters for the past 44 years.
Alhamdulillah the Braille Qurans donated by One Life Global UK have arrived in 5 areas in Nigeria. We also sent English translations of the Quran as well as Braille books containing surah Yasin and other selected Surahs.
The photos are from Lagos and Niger State.
More Articles ...
- Alfitrah Foundation went to the weekly Kelab Rabu ( Wednesday Club) for visually impaired people
- IBQS has had a booth at Astech Book and Culture fair in Rheinberg, Germany
- Alfitrah Foundation has delivered 3 Braille typewriters to visually impaired students in Johor
- The apple of family’s eye
- Our project to provide white canes for the blind