Trustees of Alfitrah foundation made a study visit to YRM to discuss the standardization of Quraanic Braille code ,and to strengthen ties between our organisations which both belong to the International Union of Braille Quran Services.
Alhamdulillah Symphony Life Berhad a property company here donated 180 white canes for the blind . We gave 80 to Setapak High school, 20 to the primary school in Batu Road and 60 canes to Princess Elizabeth school in Johor Bahru.
Another 10 canes were donated to Yayasan Raudhatul Makfufin a centre for the blind in Jakarta and the remaining 10 canes will be distributed to the poor blind in Kuala Lumpur, inshallah
Alfitrah foundation supports albasiir school for the blind through training and Braille Islamic books
Alfitrah foundation supports albasiir school for the blind through training and Braille Islamic books as well as monthly food supplies.
Our colleague Zahir's visit there gives us the impetus to work harder to help these blind kids who are mostly homeless orphans . We are looking into building a school for them inshaa Allah as the current landlord wants them to move out.
I visited Al Basiir School in Mogadishu today.
I spent time with blind children who come to learn and some who also live here. (Most are orphans). I sat with them and ate with them. I observed them. Such resiliance, patience and strong characters. This school has been operating for 10 years and struggles day to day providing education/food and a place to sleep for many orphans with lack of funding.Allah swt bless everyone involved in this.
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
All praises is due to Allah the almighty, Peace and Salutations be upon our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW),
More Articles ...
- Alfitrah Foundation is proud to work with brother Harun Holmes and Nottingham Islam to promote the Quran
- Visually Impaired Muslims Mavin informing us Christian missionaries were aggresively converting Muslims through braille bibles
- Daniel Abdullah Hernandez , imam of the Pearson Islamic Centre in Texas, USA with the English translations of Juz 30 of the Quran
- Mr Bjorn Lofstedt the founder and owner of the Swedish company Index Braille come to visit us with Anna Lau
- A visit to the library for the blind in Kazakhstan