Alhamdulillah two organisations we work with fi sabilillah - MAVIN ( Muslim association of Visually Impaired in Nigeria) and One Life Global Welfare from Manchester.
Alfitrah foundation welcomed Zainuddin bin hj Salleh , Denny Ismenti bin Hj Timbang Juninah binti Hj Awg Besar, Siti Maryani binti Hj Abd Rahman, and Salamah binti Hj Abd Rahman from the UNIT PENDIDIKAN KHAS UGAMA, BAHAGIAN SEKOLAH UGAMA JABATAN PENGAJIAN ISLAM NEGARA BRUNEI DARUSSALAM for a 3 day visit to learn Arabic Braille and how to use a Braille embosser.
We have started a project with Maulana Qazi Muzamilludin and the Rahman Foundation to help several schools in India to teach the Quran to their blind students:
1) Idara Deeniyat Fintuch Mumbai. More than forty student are inrolled. (best institution working for braille Quran) Ml. Irshad +917977443136
2) Madrassa Abdullah ibn Um Maktoom Pune. 35 blind students are there with residence. Ml Raees +91
3) Project under M.S. Education Hyderabad. More than 130 students associated. Some of them attend/some read telephonically. 6 teachers involves. Ml. Aslam shareef +919000191295
4) Madrassa Imdadiya for the blind, Malvisharam Tamilnadu. 50 students are studing B.Q. with residence. Ml. Usman +919952120340
5) Madrasatunnoor Ahmedabad. 30/ 35 students are studying with residence. Ml. Asadullah +919173360501
6) Ahmedi Shool for the blind, Aligadh 100 student are studying school education. We are trying to start B. Quran learning system over there.
We will be sending 400 Braille Quraanic primers to India under this project inshaa Allah . This will be followed by full sets of Braille Qurans when the students are capable of reading Arabic Braille.
Please help us fulfil our goal by donating RM50 (USD10) for a Braille primer or RM250(USD60) for a Braille Quran. Our donation details are on www.alfitrah.net and our Maybank account is 5-64324-604245 under "Alfitrah foundation."
The centre has requested for more white canes for new trainees at their training centre so if you want to donate , the cost is RM25 each ( USD6) and payment details are at www.alfitrah.net
Alhamdulillah the Braille Qurans donated by One Life Global UK have arrived in 5 areas in Nigeria. We also sent English translations of the Quran as well as Braille books containing surah Yasin and other selected Surahs.
The photos are from Lagos and Niger State.
Alhamdulillah Alfitrah Foundation has delivered 3 Braille typewriters to visually impaired students in Johor. Braillers are essential for the blind as they cannot write but they are not affordable to most people as a new one costs almost RM4,000.
We obtained second hand Braillers for them .
More Articles ...
- Our project to provide white canes for the blind
- Symphony Life Berhad donated 180 white canes for the blind
- Alfitrah foundation supports albasiir school for the blind through training and Braille Islamic books
- 9 braille Qurans from Alfitrah foundation funded by the One Life Global Welfare foundation in the UK have arrived